Museum Ouddorp, located in the heart of Ouddorp, is a fascinating destination for anyone interested in local history and culture. With a special emphasis on water-related history, the museum offers a unique glimpse into the past of this beautiful area.
What Can You Expect?
- Interactive Column on the Roman Harbor: On the first floor, there is an interactive column that tells the history of the Roman Harbor on Oostdijkseweg. This harbor is showcased in a large display case where you can see a detailed landscape model featuring the harbor and other historical water-related objects.
- Unique Exhibitions: The exhibition includes not only the Roman Harbor but also other significant elements like the Motteheuvel with Spreeuwenstein Castle, the Schans, and the Kilhaven.
- Special Cultural Landscape: Discover the Ouddorp landscape with its "haogten" and "schurrvelingen," a unique cultural landscape that has been shaped by raising the groundwater level.
- Multitouch Table: On the ground floor, you'll find a Multitouch Table where you can interactively learn more about the findings from the excavations of the "Roman Harbor," local dialects, and expressions.
- 'Ouddurpers in d'n Vreemde': In the council chamber, there is a captivating exhibition about Ouddurpers who sought their fortune elsewhere.
- Thematic Exhibitions: The museum also features smaller exhibitions on topics such as the Flood Disaster, the Ouddorp lighthouse, and historical items from agriculture and fishing.
A Must-See for History and Culture Enthusiasts
Whether you're interested in local history, archaeology, or simply want to enjoy an educational outing, Museum Ouddorp is an enriching experience for visitors of all ages.
Museum Ouddorp offers a unique opportunity to explore the rich history and cultural heritage of Ouddorp and its surroundings. A visit to this museum is an educational and fascinating experience, perfect for a day out.
Dive into the history of Ouddorp at Museum Ouddorp - a journey into the past awaits you!
For informationRaadhuisstraat 4, Ouddorp
tel. 018 768 441 9